We are delighted to announce the introduction of significant changes to the RentCover range of landlord insurance policies. The new policy features and increased limits will apply from 1st February (new policies) and for existing policies renewing from 1st April.
Although there will be a small premium increase we are confident that the new features will ensure RentCover provides the most extensive level of cover available and meets the changing needs of our investor clients.
New changes to the Landlord Ultra Cover include:
Pet damage – up to $65,000
The risk of damage deters many landlords from allowing pets, but with 63% of households having pets, this severely restricts the available tenant pool. Additionally, pets do not need to be named on the lease.
Flood – up to Sum Insured
With cover up to the Sum Insured flood cover ensures the range is suitable for every region of Australia.
Accidental Damage – limit of two excesses
Accidental Damage limit has been increased to $65,000 allowing more substantial cover. A limit of two excesses will apply regardless of the number of separate “events”.
Malicious Damage – No depreciation
“New for old” replacement with an increased limit of $65,000 and only one excess applicable.
Drug Lab Cleanup – Includes resulting contamination
Whether it is a hydroponic marijuana crop or a meth lab, the resulting repairs and cleanup can be enormous. Included under Accidental Damage the increased limit to $65,000 will help mitigate the losses.
The RentCover Ultra premium will increase to $361.00 per annum.
For more information please head over to http://www.rentcover.com.au/
- Buy, Don’t Sell – Buy a quality property in a blue-chip area and where possible, never sell. Once you have one appreciating asset you can build up equity, which you can use to purchase your next property.
- Buy blue-chip – As mentioned, it’s worth paying market value for a better property in a top suburb than it is to get a lower price for a property no-one else really wants. There are always better performing suburbs that retain their value from decade to decade.
- It’s time in the market, not timing the market that counts – Don’t try to be a millionaire overnight. The real secret to wealth is compounding your investments. Aim for consistency.
- Go against the grain – Consider doing the opposite to what everyone else is doing. Buy when everyone sells; sell when they buy. Don’t listen to negative people telling you you’re doing it wrong.
- Don’t fear the gear – It’s perceived that debt is dangerous. Property debt can increase your return and get you a return faster. Know how much debt you are comfortable with.
- Be passionate about your investments – Believe in your investments. It will feed your drive and keep you focused.
- Be driven – Drive enables you to take risks that very few others would make and get you to where you want to be faster. Constantly focus on the results of your investments
- Keep refinancing – Keep tapping into the equity in your properties to buy more properties… and maybe a few luxury items along the way.
- Stick to your strategy – Work out what works for you. Once you develop a strategy, stick to it.
- Don’t retire on property rents – Most people think you’ve got to pay property off as quickly as possible, and retire on rents. But often it’s the capital growth that makes the real money.
BONUS TIP – Always consult the professional experts in their field to assist and guide you with advice.